Village Connections is dedicated to providing a range of resources that help older adults stay active and independent in their own neighborhood.
We are trying to grow our volunteer program and are seeking volunteers who will play a huge role in achieving our mission and who will also find satisfaction by providing needed services to our members.
Areas where you are needed:
Transportation is our most requested service and highest area of need for volunteers.
- Medical and non medical appointments
- Grocery or other shopping
- Driving member to social events
Light Home Maintenance
- Moving furniture
- Yard Cleanup
- Changing light bulbs and batteries
- Computer, Tablet and Cell Phone assistance
- Cable/TV/Internet troubleshooting
- In-home visits to those who have difficulty leaving their home
- Running errands for a member
- Help with letter writing, pet care, watering plants, etc.
- Clerical duties
- Join and help on one of our committees (Marketing, Membership or Fundraising)
- Take care of mail, plants, etc., when a member is out of town
If you are interested in becoming a Village Connections volunteer or would like more information, call 614-226-6567 or e-mail info@VillageConnectionsColumbus.org
We require volunteers to complete a background check but there is no cost or age requirement to volunteer.
More information can be found in our Volunteer Handbook.