Two hours a month can make a difference in a senior's life
Village Connections volunteers are priceless! They are the glue that holds Village Connections together and a crucial resource for helping our older neighbors stay connected, active, and independent.
If you are a new retiree looking for a rewarding opportunity, or a college student or neighbor with just a little bit of extra time to give, or maybe you have a particular expertise you wish to share ... then consider joining our volunteer ranks. After exploring the possibilities, we will most certainly find an opportunity that suits you:
Transportation is our most requested service and the highest area of need for volunteers.
- Driving to a medical or non-medical appointment
- Grocery or other shopping
- Driving members to social events
Light Home Maintenance
- Moving furniture
- Yard Cleanup
- Changing light bulbs and batteries
- Computer, Tablet, and Cell Phone assistance
- Cable/TV/Internet troubleshooting
- In-home visits to home-bound members
- Running errands for a member
- Help with letter writing, watering plants, etc.
- Clerical office duties
- Plan a social event for our Services Committee
- Design a flyer for our Marketing Committee
- Help organize one of our Fundraisers
We can't wait to find you a job!
Simply complete and submit our online Volunteer Application:
We require volunteers to complete a background check but there is no cost to the volunteer. Volunteers must be 18 years old or older. Those who are interested in driving members must also show proof of a valid driver's license and auto insurance.